Friday, January 06, 2006

3 weeks in and still going strong and cleaning conclusion

Things are going great during my winter break. Now that I have completed 3 whole weeks of using Invisalign it has become second nature. The Invisalign dieting is working pretty well too =). Instead of seeing something that I want to eat and just putting in my mouth, I have to make a conscious decisions whether it is worth the effort to remove my aligners and clean my teeth afterwards, just for a little snack. I also have gotten used to just drinking water all day, even when i have my aligners off. It is healthier for my body as well as my teeth.

As far as cleaning, I continue to brush my teeth and aligners after each time I eat. Some morning I use the Listerine pre-brush rinse and I think it works pretty well. They look a lot clearer and smell minty fresh after I soak them in the solution for a while. The active ingredient is hydrogen peroxide, so you could just use that, which is much cheaper.

Dr. Kammer informed me that the CCD does have the sonic/ultrasonic cleaners as well as the retainer brite tabs. They are resonably priced. When you go to the clinic ask about it if you are interested.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this. Its to good to hear reallife examples to go by. I am looking forward to getting invisalign real soon!! Keep blogging

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home