Friday, December 23, 2005

End of first week - back home for break

Hello everyone, my finals are now complete and I'm home for winter break. What a relief! When I arrived home, I thought I would see if my family remembered/noticed that I was wearing invisalign. It was quite funny, they didn't notice for a couple hours until I told them. They said, "where are they? I don't see them? Justin you must be lying!" Pretty cool... if my own family can't notice them, no one else will.

I feel like the aligners are getting more loose, which is a sign that my teeth are moving. I expect the next set to hurt more since it will be moving my teeth twice as much.

As far as cleaning, I currently am still just brushing the aligners with a medium to hard style brush and a strong whitening toothpaste (colgate 2in1 toothpaste & Mouthwash IcyBlast Whitening). There seem to be two major options for sonic/ultrasonic cleaning. The Invisalign sold product: http://www.invisalignstore.com/ or the alternative generic version (cleaner and retainer brite tablets) http://www.dentakit.com/cosocl.html . I'm not really sure which or if any I will buy. I'm going to wait until the end of the first two weeks to make a decision. I think it is important that in the morning you brush the aligners for longer, floss, and then rinse with listerine. This leaves your teeth and mouth completely clean, and free of any bacteria.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home