Monday, December 26, 2005

New cleaning options...

While looking at www.dentistry.com and their orthodonic forums, I found out that there are many different techniques used to clean invisalign. It seems like each orthodontist has their own alternative to Invisaligns cleaning systems. They are as follows:

1) vinegar soak
2) hydrogen peroxide soak
3) retainer brite tabs (w/o sonic cleaner)
4) Listerine Whitening Pre-brush Rinse (which contains hydrogen peroxide)

These would be used for the daily thorough cleaning in the morning along with brushing of the aligners.

I think I'll start with the Listerine option first since I have heard good things about the product. My only concern about using these different cleaning techniques is the chance of it damaging the aligners, or making them less clear. But, I have heard that the aligners are pretty durable and are difficult to damage.

Pictures of my treatment should be coming soon. Check back.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Justin. Great page. You know, I have been on the dentistry.com page reading different peoples take on cleaning. Some people have even mention smells and such aweful stuff but I have been brushing my aligners everytime I put them back into my mouth after eating. Of course I brush my teeth too, but this keeps them exceptionally clean. I must brush 10 times a day. Ooh, and flossing is extremely important.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home