Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Update

Hello everyone, so this has been a crazy summer because I went to europe for a month and have been busy preparing for medical school. After the adjustment of my 10th aligner there were still some teeth that needed to move so they decided to get a few more aligners from invisalign. Dr. Kammers office actually has the capabilities to make their own aligners that are clear and similar to invisaligns but I would have needed to be in Madison during that time to visit the CCD every couple weeks. Since I was in Europe and now in Minneapolis, using another invisalign sequence was the best option. So Dr. Kammer took more molds and they created 3 more aligners for me. I only got them after I got back from europe so I still have a couple weeks until I am finished with them. Getting treatment at Dr. Kammer has been great, they are very accomodating and flexible. After I finish my 3rd extra aligner I just will find a time to drive over to Madison for another check-up, I'll just use my last aligner as an overnight retainer to keep my teeth where they are. Keep checking back every couple weeks so you can see the conclusion of my treatment. =)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey how much is this costing you? I only need my top teeth done and they're about like yours...might be pushed out a lil more.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Justin L. said...

the cost is specific to each case, and is comprable to traditional braces. I recommend that you set-up a consultation at the CCD to have all your questions answered, and to get an accurate quote.

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there,
I'm on my second day of Invisalign. Ah :) I have a question: did you have any troubles with your (bottom) aligner rubbing up against your tongue when your speak etc. . . driving me insane :P

5:30 AM  
Blogger Justin L. said...

Regarding the rubbing question, some aligners can come with rough edges which can be rough on your gums as well as your tongue. What I did was use the fine side of a nail file and very lightly (do at your own risk) smooth the trouble area. This happened only once for me. Good luck with your treatment.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Jacob said...

Are you pretty content with the outcome? I saw the "before" photos but do you have any post treatment photos that show the improvements?

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi I was just reading your page and noticed your last entry was in august - I am really very curious as to how your progress is going and whether it is the right treatment for me.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

were you charged extra for the three extra trays and the molds? did they have to make molds before giving you the extra trays? i am using invisalign express, and i may need an extra 2 or 3 trays to get my teeth to where i want them to be (i'm on tray 9 of 10). thanks!

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home